HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
rinaina

5th surgery in 8 years

It's unanamous...I have had 3 opinions and I need a total shoulder replacement. Of course it is my right arm, of course this is the arm where I had a sentinel node biopsy, of course I am right handed. I am so worried about this surgery, recovery and possible ramifications. My shoulder is totally bone on bone with total loss of cartilage. There are bone spurs, chips and incredible amount of pain. I am so upset over this and don't know why I am having so much trouble dealing with it. I have been able to deal with so much handed to me since 2002. Four surgeries, breast cancer and flare ups from my auto immune disease, Sjogrens. I guess everyone has their limits. I hate feeling this way, because I am always so strong. I actually feel a little sorry for myself and I really don't like that. My surgery is June 7 and I will be in the hospital 2-3 days. It's a long recoup, 6 weeks in an immobilizer sling, no driving for at least that amount of time. Passive therapy at home for first 3 months then out patient therapy at 3 month mark. Total recovery is 6mo to a year. Please pray for me that I am strong enough to come through all of that. I have never doubted my strength before so I don't know why this time it is different. Thanks for listening to me and your support. I know this isn't a site for other conditions but felt I could come to you. Sorry.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote