HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
sarah

D1N1c cells-what is this?

Hello,
I'm part of a cancer support group for English speakers here in France and a new member with bc mentioned that she has D1N1c cells and that she was told that was pre-cancerous but that she should have a double mastectomy!!!! Since I have no ideas what D1N1c means, I'm hoping one of you may be able to enlighten me.
I told her to get a second opinion.
She didn't mention anything else such as HER2 or inflammatory or....
Many thanks and I am sorry if this is not a topic for this website but since you are my "family" I hope you will excuse me if it's "inappropriate" since I am trying to help others with cancer not all of which are HER2 positive.
health and happiness
hugs and love
sarah
Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Rich66

Re: D1N1c cells-what is this?

Hmmm. C'est tres etrange! Maybe lost in translation?
All I came across was:

Review

The development of ideas about the effect of DNA repair on the induction of gene mutations and chromosomal aberrations by radiation and by chemicals

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

R. F. Kimball

Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, U.S.A.*

Received 11 November 1986;
revised 21 January 1987;
accepted 23 January 1987.
Available online 6 November 2002.

Abstract

An historical overview is given of the development of ideas about chromosomal and DNA repair as they relate to the induction of mutations, chromosomal aberrations, and sister-chromatid exchanges by radiations and chemicals. The genetic and molecular bases of the various repair pathways are reviewed whenever possible. work on both prokaryotes and eukaryotes is included. Mention is made, when deemed appropriate, of major developments in other areas that served as essential background for the repair work, but no attempt is made to cover these background developments in any detail. Near the end, a brief review is given of factors affecting polymerase fidelity. The history is subdivided into approximately 10-year intervals. For the most part, references are to reviews and symposia in which the ideas of the time were brought together. The implications of these findings for some practical problems in genetic toxicology and for our understanding of the maintenance of the genome are discussed at the end.

Author Keywords: DNA repair; gene mutations; Chromosomal aberrations; Sister-chromatid exchanges; Historial overview

Article Outline

• References
Correspondende: Dr. R.F. Kimball, Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Post Office Box Y, , Oak Ridge, TN 37831, , U.S.A.

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
sarah

Re: D1N1c cells-what is this?

Thanks Rich,
Still bewildered but not bewitched,
health and happiness
Merci
Sarah