HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Grace

MUGA shows mild right ventricle hypokinesis

I had my third MUGA on Friday and the report shows 63% LVEF with mild right ventricle hypokinesis. My oncologist didn't mention the RV hypokinesis. I requested a copy of the report in the chemo department, which is when I saw this new findings--unfortunately, after I had completed herceptin infusion. This new finding has me concerned, and I can't find any satisfactory explanation of its meaning on the internet. Any information would be helpful.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Hopeful

Grace,

I thought I would bump this up, as I am interested in the answer to your question. I am not in any medical field, so have just a lay persons understanding of what I read. I searched "hypokenisis" and found that it means something that is moving slower than normal. The only time I saw it used in conjunction with MUGA's was in discussions of people who had pulmonary embolisms, when it was a prognostic factor for recovery. I didn't see anything that said it caused PE. If you ask your doctor for an explanation, please post it.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Grace

I'll let you know. I am seeing a cardiologist next week about this issue. I hope as my oncologist says, it's probably nothing. But I take no chances.