HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
rhondat123

i have a weird problem

i started weekly taxol and herceptin on tuesday i got the 2nd treatment the following week on tuesday 10 more to go with taxol then finish out year weekly herceptin i also had 4 ac every 21 days prior to this im stage1 no nodes inv her2 er pr pos i.5 cm mammery carcinoma with both lobal and ductal features i had a chance of vascular invasion because tumor had itsown blood supply but all test were clear so im still stage 1 i had papsmear in august that was okay also so heres the thing after 2nd taxol and herceptin i started on the way home from treatment to spot and it is continuing off and on daily a little like pink when i wipe and sometimes enough to wear a panty liner this all happened after the 2nd treatment onc doc wants me to see obgyn to have test but he thinks its nothing i also have still got my periods even after 21 day ac treatments although the last period was 3 weeks late and i had finished it 2 days prior to 2nd taxol doc thinks its the chemo maybe messing with harmones but im still scared when i was 20 i had precancerous cells in cervix which i got lasered froze and never had bad papsmear since should i be worried has anyone else had this problem also does my prognosis seem good or am i sitting time bomb doc says i should be able to see grandchildren some day and will be old unless i die of other things should i believe him im 34 pls wb
rhondat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
Becky

You should always get "weird" things checked out but I had so many weird things happen with my menstrual cycle while I was on chemo. Lasted forever and bled alot. Spotted here and there often. I got it checked out and then finally went into chemopause. About 7 months after the last taxol, I got my period back. I ended up getting my ovaries removed as I thought it was the best thing for me to do for a variety of reasons (but the reasons for removal had nothing to do with spotting etc - it was that ovarian cancer also runs strong in the family).

So, I really think this is a normal weird thing caused by chemo. It would be prudent to get it checked just in case. I am sure many others on this board will tell you their chemo/menstrual horror stories (cramps are/were worse for me during this time too).

Have a nice weekend.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Sherryg683

I had the same thing happen to me at about the same time in my treatment as you. I was not due for a period but had the pink spotting, noticed it late at night. I called the Oncologist on call frantic. I happened to get the one Oncologist in the group who was an ass..."go to the emergency room", he said. I was crushed..I didn't want to go to the ER because of this. Next day, my Oncologist told me it was completely normal, just something chemo does to the body. I never have had a period since them...chemopause...sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #4
Sherryg683

Oh and in answer to your other question. At stage I, no lymph nodes and the progress they've made in treating HER2+, your prognosis should be very good...sherry

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
rhondat123

Thumbs up thanks

your replys made me feel a little better i dread having to see obgyn i hope its nothing i feel like if it was anything it would have showed up in august papsmear if anything was wrong maybe so my docs just said chemo dont usually cause spotting but in my case it does i guess my weight gain is awful also i am so scared from what i read 10 years will be long for me since i have her2pos maybe thats not right but anyway thanks for easing my mind a little
rhondat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
atdec05

I had regular periods up to and including the first 2 months of AC. The second month I spotted several weeks after my period. Then that was it - booted right into chemopause. Bloodwork could be done to see if you are menopausal.

- Anna

Stage I - DX 9/2005
ER/PR-, HER2+, grade 3, DCIS, IDC multi-focal (1.05cm)
DD 4 A/C finished Jan 31, 2006
Herceptin weekly finished Jan 31, 2007
recurrence to chest wall on last month of Herceptin
Stage 3B - 3/15/07 - 2 carcinomas in dermal lymphatic
Rads finished 6/5/07
12x TH finished 9/10/07
12/07 - Clear scan!
3/08 - 4 month Melatonin trial
1/09 - osteoperosis -
start Alendronate
2/09 - 4-month Simivastin trial
3/13 - take drug holiday after 5 years of Alendronate