HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
rhondat123

Talking lol to jcpenney

i havnt started my treatment yet but i decided to get the hard part over for me im 34 and the hair thing was driving me crazy so i start my chemo on nov1 i decided to buzz off my hair i went to jcpenney and they let me chose whatever wig i wnted from the newest catalog when it came in today i went and they buzzed my hair washed and dryed it and styled and trimmed my wig for me for free yes the wig was free too!!!! it was a very expensive wig like 200.00 wasnt that nice i also got me a brown and red one they are so cute i love to change my hair alot and cut it in different styles maybe ill be okay with the hair part now i sure do feel better now with that over with and my wigs are cuter than my hair was they itch a little but maybe ill get used to that ill wear my soft hats at home though only the first wig was free i will be buying my christmas there this year you meet angels everywhere dont you? WISH ME LUCK ON THE CHEMO STILL SCARED ABOUT THAT
rhondat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
simimom

Smile

That's great to know about JC Penney. Wish I had thought of that when I was starting chemo! I did the same thing you did -- I buzzed my hair before it actually fell out -- actually I wasn't quite quick enough -- I cut it really short and then when I started shedding more than my cats, I buzzed it off. So by he time the rest of my hair (eyebrows, etc.) started falling out, I was't so traumatized. Good luck with your chemo -- hopefully it won't be too bad. I actually felt like I had the flu for about 4 days after each chemo. You're on your way to defeating the "beast"!!
simimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
Bev

Hi Rhonda, There's a product called Nioxin scalp therapy that helps with itchiness. One bottle should get you thru. Itchiness will decrease when your own hair is gone and you get rid of the nylon skull cap. It will return when your hair does. I was very afraid before chemo. I was permanently in panic attack mode. I always hated to take drugs. At some point you just have to tell the docs you are so wound up. I found Ambien for sleep helpful, I could get 4 hours sleep on that. Started doing Zoloft midway as scans and rads had me anxious. Drugs make all this somewhat easier. If you are having a hard time ask for them. It gets better, it is going to take awhile. If I can do it, anyone can. Best wishes, BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
madubois63

use a tape type lint brush to get the last of the little hairs...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #5
rinaina

You did the right thing by getting rid of your hair because one of the most traumatic things for me was watching my hair come out in clumps everyday. I finally just went and had it all cut off because I couldn't take it anymore. I felt better once I finally made the committment to do so and wished I had done it sooner. Everyone gets anxious about treatment but you have to remind yourself to take everything a day at a time. Some do just great on chemo and hopefully you will be one of many lucky ones who do. Best of luck to you.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote