HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
lu ann

Unhappy Skull Mets?

I have been having rountine scans the last 2 weeks including; muga, ct of head, neck, chest, abdomin, and pelvis. All scans with the exception of head came back normal or stable. They found a 37mm by 34mm mass on my frontal lobe. I had an MRI done tady and got the results back this afternoon. The mass is not in my brain, but rather in my skull. I will be seeing the doc next Tues. to discuss treatment. I will also be having a bone scan this Saturday. Is there anyone here that has had skull mets and how are you doing now?

Thanks, Love, and Blessings, from Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
Kathy T

LuAnn,

I was dx. with bone mets 3 1/2 years ago including skull mets--I have been maintained with Herceptin, Aridia and estrogen blockers since that time. The skull mets have not caused any problems. I hope that is encouraging to you.
kathy T
Kathy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
Lolly

LuAnn, I have a friend who had skull mets from lung cancer metastasis; they were able to surgically remove the mass, then she had rads. This was several years ago, she's still NED and going strong! Sending good thoughts your way.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
fcrcm

Wink re Skull Mets

Dear LuAnn,
I have numerous bone mets, including one in the skull. Of course I asked my onc. how often a skull metastasis spread into the brain. He said "Very rarely." Tho my disease is progressing (on Herceptin, Arimidex, Zometa and now Faslodex) the mets in my skull has never been a problem. If it became painful, it could be radiated. So, I hope you take this as good news. Just consider a skull metastasis like any other bone metastasis.
Cheers, fcrcm
fcrcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
lu ann

Smile Thanks

Thankyou all for your support. I kind of figured from past posts that skull mets would be treated like other bone mets. I'm relieved it is not brain mets. I don't have any major symptoms other then a little pressure above my right temple which I really have to look for. Thanks again. Love and Blessings from Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote