HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Thumbs down kat in the Delta

I was diagnosed with ER"SLIGHTLY positive", PR negative, and HER2 positive by ICH&FISH. By a modified Scarf-Bloom-Richardson grade, I was rated III/III, 3 ,3, 2. with lymphovascular invasion noted & tumor mass was 4.0 cm x 2.6cm x 2.2 cm mass.
My tumor revealed an infiltrating, poorly differentiated ductal carcinoma with the above info( SC-BL-RICH.)grade III III, 3, 3, 2.
My Micrl. diagnosis also state it was a Multifocal High Grade Intraductal carcinom with focal Lymphovascular invasion and tumor extending to within 1mm of each the inferior, deep, and superior Margins.
6 accompanying lymph nodes demonstrated 3 of the 6 with metastatic carcinoma wih 2 showing macrometastases of 5 and 15 mm.
The surgeon who performed the radical Masc., wrote down I was ER POSITVE-SLIGHTLY-- (?), PR -, and HER2=3+.
MY "?" is : should I be taking an ER blocker with the Herceptin?? I've been thru all major chemos, & rad. Now on the year of Hercep. How is one slightly ER positive?
Another" ? " can anyone deciphor my cancer's grade, type, etc.. I'm not sure if I am grade II or III by the Scarf-Bloom-Richardson gading, and to what extent?? kat in the delta RSVP (ps) My onc. will not explain anything to anyone .

Last edited by kat in the delta; 05-06-2006 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: spellin
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
Chelee

Wow Kat, Without having my Path report in front of me...and being a while since I read it. Your DX sounds almost the same as mine. Although they did tell me I was stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++. 9 of 9 on Richardson scale. I am interested in any replies you get about your question.

I was told I was WEAKLY positive...then later told I was positive. (Er & Pr) Like you...I want to know how we change...and if we are suppose to be taking something for it? I was told a long time ago I would be...no mention of it since?

You sound like you have MY first oncologist too...since he won't tell you anything! That is the SAME way my first one was...and I am not so sure about my new one yet. At first I liked her...but now I am seeing a pattern of her passing me off to avoid me. I can't find out anything. So I know what you mean. Keep doing what your doing...come here...ask question...be VERY PROACTIVE. Its the ONLY way you will stay on top of things and learn what you need too. I play heck finding out what is important until its to late. You have to watch out of you...that is the way I am finding things out unfortunely.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #3
Cathya

Kat and Chelee;

It is my understanding that even a "slightly" positive ER reading benefits from hormone blockers. If you are post menopausal it would be something like arimidex. There are numerous postings on the problems with tamoxifen and her2+ ER+ tumors so you might want to do a search to understand the issues before seeing your onc....and what overall action you would want to take. BUT, yes, this is another weapon you can use to fight this awful disease so it makes sense to use it.

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote