HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
CherylS

spasms - feels like a baby kicking

Can anyone tell me why I am having these spasms? Right side, mid abdomen. Please tell me it's not my liver quivering, and if it is why?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
Cathya

Cheryl;

I have been having pinching type feelings in the same area.....but not like a baby kicking.....at least I don't think so as it's been a long time....lol. I have been wondering about them myself. If it's not one thing it's another!

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
R.B.

This is only a wild thought.

In the UK channel four screened a series of autopsies which was surprisingly fascinating, and gave me a respect for teh body I had never had before. It just clicked that these sometime amorphous blobs were mini factories of the most amazing complexity at cellular level, repairing producing energy conveting foods, making things.......

One of the iems examined was a damaged liver which looked a bit like a swiss cheese. Could a liver that is repairing itself quiver as the holes close up, or it adjusts it's shape/ frees itself from adhesions etc.

I wonder? and why not.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
Cat_Her2

Spasms

Hi, Cat here. I had liver mets (now what they call NED) and when I was on Taxotere I had these spasm feelings too. Are you on any chemo right now?
Cat_Her2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
Becky

I had pinching type feelings. They would come and go. It felt like a muscle pull just under the last 2 ribs on the right side.

I ended up getting a CT scan to be sure and there was nothing there. My onc and radiologist feel it is from radiation. All my liver function enzymes etc and CA 27/29 are good.

The main thing is - is the pinching/spasm consistent or does it come and go. If it does not go, I would check it out to be sure.

I did and I am glad I did because everything bothers me and I would think about it too much.

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Esther

This is probably off topic to this thread, but bone mets can also cause muscle spasms in the muscles surrounding it, the muscle spasms can be as far away as 10-12 inches from the spot that has mets.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
Becky

Esther

Thanks for reminding me of this. My onc told me this too which is why I got a bone scan with extra pics of the ribs (done about a wk after the CT scan).

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
Mgarr

Spasms?

Hi all. Was wondering what symptoms indicate bone metasis? I am a little nervous now reading about muscle spasms. I have been having trouble with my legs one in particular and mentioned it to both onc. that I saw recently they did not seem concerned. I also get muscle cramps in the one leg wondering if I should get in sooner and push a bone scan. What do you think?

Mary

Diagnosed 12/05
3.5cm 1 node pos. grade 3, Her+++
Currently on Herceptin every 3 weeks until July.
Mgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #9
Chelee

All I can say is every time I have my full cycle of chemo...with the Taxotere...my right side where the ribs are feels sore. (I don't get spasms as you are describing...but it just bothers me enough to think something is wrong with my liver all the time?)

It is someting I have been wanting to ask my oncologist...but lately I play heck getting any time with her. But I have seen this brought up before...meaning RIB pain on the right side especially. Seems it is always related to that darn Taxotere.

In my case...NOT only does my right side where the ribs hurt after taxotere...but the left side hurts at times too. (Right where you spleen would be.) After a few days I notice the pain goes away...but it doesn't stop me from worrying about it.

Chelee
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote