HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
daffodil

Trial of Lapatinib query from first time net user.

hello,
first time user of support groups via net, trying to see what support is available on the net.

Diagnosed four years ago with breast cancer, clear for two years, now have secondaries in bones and liver. Her2 positive. On new trial Lapatinib and Xeloda for last twelve months. Previous treatment herceptin.

Is anyone on Lapatinib? How are you finding it?
Love to talk about it.
Daffodil.
daffodil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
michele u

were you in the Herceptin trials when you were dx 4 years ago? That's awesome you get Lapatinib. I think it will work well for you. Just curious, what were your FISH or IHC test scores?
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Lolly

We've been hearing such encouraging news on Lapatinib, it's great to have you on board to share your experience with the trial. Welcome!

I considered a Xeloda with/without Lapatinib trial but wasn't willing to stop Herceptin, as that was one of the critera. Did you get Herceptin early, as Michelle asks, or did you receive it when diagnosed with metastasis and went into the trial after stopping Herceptin?

Hope you don't mind all the questions, I'm just really interested to hear how you're doing on Lapatinib!

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:49 AM   #4
Shell

daffodil-

what a great name for this beautiful spring we're having!

i was in the xeloda w/ or w/out lapatinib trial for 10 months (i had progressed while on herceptin/taxotere). i drew the arm just getting the xeloda. when the trial was stopped last week to allow all of us to get the lapatinib, i drove out friday to get it, and started it then. fatigue is the only extra symptom i notice apart from the xeloda symptoms, but that could also be my schedule - always hard to tell ...

welcome to the boards,
shell
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:24 AM   #5
Nicola

Lapatinib

Hi Daffodil,

I have been on the clinical trial of Herceptin, Taxol and Lapatinib since Dec. 23, 2005. I also get Zometa once a month to strengthen the bones. I have MET's to the liver and spine. So far the side effects have been fatigue, slight nausea on and off, extreme diarrhea that is kept in check with the use of Immodium about every other day, one mild rash that went away fairly quickly and body aches.

Over all I am tolerating things well. My CT scans have shown that I am responding to treatment and that the two largest tumors in my liver are shrinking at a nice rate.

I hope you are doing well and that you have great success on Lapatinib and Xeloda. This is a wonderful support group with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet. Lots of great support and plenty of good information. We welcome you to the group with open arms.

Big Hugs,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #6
daffodil

hi michele u. sorry for delay in repling. when i was first diagnosed with breast cancer i was not eligable for the herception trail. when it was discovered in my bones and liver 2yrs later i was automatically put on it. it worked for 18mts and then it ....stopped! i was then put on the zeloda/lapatinib and have been on it for the past yr. fingers crossed my disease has been stable for the last 2 scans. what do you mean by "fish/ihc test scores"? tks for the chat. bye daffodil/helen
daffodil is offline   Reply With Quote