HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 05:55 AM   #1
sarah
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: france
Posts: 1,648
medicare question

I now live in France and I recently was accepted for disability and now I've received a medicare card. While I'm living here I know it's of no use but if I return to the US....? anyway it says "Hospital (Part A) benefits only." do I pay for this? If I got sick and the US and was hospitalized, would this cover me? and how and to what extent? Is it only for hospitalization? I'm really out of touch and since I didn't expect to get anything, this is a surprise.
thanks
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:48 AM   #2
mts
Senior Member
 
mts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 503
All your questions answered...

Bonjour Sarah,

For all Medicare Q&A's got to www.medicare.gov

I think you will find EVERYTHING you need to know about Part A & B
there is a section for individuals living abroad. Its pretty easy to follow...

Hint- go to Eligibility and Enrollment and just navigate through the info. I found this site very helpful for my mom.

Bonne chance,

Maria
mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
Sandy H
Senior Member
 
Sandy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norridgewock, Maine
Posts: 778
Sarah, Medicare Part A is free you don't have to pay for it. It only covers hospitalization. Part B you have to enroll and pay for roughly $75.00 a month and pays 80%. it covers, physicians, therapy, services outside the hospital. Now they have Part D for drugs but I am hearing its not doing much for most people. You really need a co-insurance with Medicare such as AARP, BC/BS there maybe others that will pick up the 20% which doesn't sound like much but if you have a chronic illness it adds up fast. Hope this helps, hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
sarah
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: france
Posts: 1,648
many thanks for the info. I'll check out the website.
Also it was because many of you on the site were incouraging about asking for disability that I put in for it, so many thanks for that also.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter