HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
Esther

Replies to Posts

This is just my 2 cents for what it's worth.... I don't want to offend anyone, but here it goes.

Depending on what I'm goind through I will either log in daily or sometimes just weekly. I read alot of the posts just to get to know the posters and keep up with they are going through. I respond to a post if there is something that I feel I can add information wise or support wise.

Who the original poster of the message is does not matter at all to me...just that it is a fellow BC journeyer, I help whoever I can whether I know them or not, new or oldie on the board.

I was offended by the tone taken by Aquinis, in that it felt that it went to an attack on some of the long-standing members of this board, insinuating that help was only proferred to a chosen few, or to some in an inner circle. I did not respond at the time because that is so far from the truth that I did not want to post a knee jerk response to it.

We all help when we can, but then again noone has the right to demand instant responses, and get indignant when they do not materialize. We are all just going through this journey together, and do as much as we can, when we can.

Myself, I'm probably one of the one's who could have responded to that query, but did not immediately respond because I was on a 10 day ski trip to Telluride, CO and did not have the time to respond. I was treated for 14 months with Herceptin, Navelbine and Xeloda for an extremely advanced case of liver mets. After 14 months, I needed a break, and went on just Herceptin, thinking I would return to chemo after my body recovered a bit. Within 2 months I was NED on just Herceptin!! I didn't even know this could happen. I have been NED for bone and liver mets for a year now, just on Herceptin.

Long may this last!!!

Anyway, don't mean to offend anyone with this post, but please do remember we're all in the same situation here and will gladly help anytime we can.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
aquinis2000

Don't read very well

you obviosly didn't read all of my posts dear. I think i went on to say that i was freaking out that day (maybe you have never had a day like that) and apologized my my whining. I also went on to say that this board is an encouragemnet and wonderful, and encouraged other new members to stay with it. Long standing members are no different to me than someone who joined yesterday, or a guest or an unregistered person. we can surely both agree that we are all in this battle together. as i stated earlier it was nothing more than a spur to watch for those posts that receiving no replies and try to make some comment, even if its just a hello. when you post someting and 100 people look at it and no one answers it, it sends quite a mixed message. I am sorry that you are offended by my post.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
Joe
Webmaster

I would have to agree with aquinis2000. Our website has been averaging about 600 visits a day. This is a peer support group website which means that every one should help in their own way.

There are far too many lurkers out there.

Regards
Joe

I am closing this thread to further discussion.
Closed Thread