HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Liz

Mets to the Ovaries

Have any of you had mets to the ovaries? I seem to have a lot of the symptoms, indigestion, bloating, feeling of fullness. I'm scared to death to visit my onc on Friday. I am on my eleventh round of taxol/herceptin with one more to go. How could this have happened when I'm not even done with chemo. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
julierene

Sounds like you are very worried that it's mets already. Could this be a side-effect of the chemotherapy and treatment you are currently getting?
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
karenann

Did you have IDC or ILC?

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
Becky

Liz

Mets to the ovaries are very rare. I looked in the profile and you are my age. The chemo, as we know, does affect the ovaries (shuts them down, stops the menses and screws us up down there). This can be part of it. It can also affect that area depending on what was going on (cycle wise) when you had the last chemo. What I mean by that is: I had my ovaries removed in Aug 05 (last chemo was Jan 31, 2005 and I am still on Herceptin until June because I received it sequentially after rads).

I had 2 cysts on one of my ovaries. Both were from ovulations that did not occur and then the follicle filled with blood. On ultrasound they looked abnormal but everything was fine on pathology. My gyno said they looked abnormal because I was probably just going through a double ovulation and got a chemo treatment and my body said no way and shut down in midstream. I felt bloaty and gassy for months which is why I finally went to the gyno in May (I was more afraid I might have ovarian cancer rather than a met from BC). My uterus was thickened (also a side effect) etc. But really - everything was completely ok and I am sure you are too.

Yours can just be screwed up hormone levels that vasolate high and low etc. That's what the gyno said it probably was with me (the cysts were just an odd thing).

I would talk about it to your onco and see a gyno for reassurance (and an ultrasound) but I am sure it is nothing.

Best wishes

Beck
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #5
Unregistered

Red face

If you are taking decadron as a pre-med, that will give you all of those symptoms and then some! - kim in Minneapolis