HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 AM   #1
IRENE FROM TAMPA

TO HAVAHJ - re 12/23 posting

I just read your post from 12/23 and although I can not say that I am cancer free, I CAN SAY that my original cancer was 10 years ago, and I plan on living for many more. I believe research is getting closer to treating this disease like a chronic disease and hopefully a cure in the future.

It is never easy to think your cancer has returned, the fear is always there but please know that it does not have to be a death sentence. My best advice to you is to be your own best advocate/do your research and listen to your body.

Please try not to panic (and I know that is easier to say then to do). Markers are not always correct, just have your doctor keep close check on them.

I am sorry that I could not tell you that your cancer would never return, but just wanted to let you know that your life can still be full and LONG.

I pray that all goes well for you.
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
mickey

I used to have so much hope, but don't anymore. I wish you health and a long future.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
HavahJ

From HavahJ

Thanks very much for writing back to me. I had a pet scan and have one bone met at the top of my spine. I am starting radiation next week. I don't have any symptoms but I feel like other mets are going to pop out all over! This is my second breast cancer. My first one was stage I and this was stage IIA. I did all the treatments; I just didn't expect a recurrence so soon! I just finished herceptin last August. I also have M.S. and am very worried about brain radiation but I guess there's no choice. I have the hardest time no knowing what's going to happen! Thanks again.
HavahJ is offline   Reply With Quote