HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
Unregistered

bump

Hi All
Today I can feel a little round bump underneath my collar bone - would this be a lymph node that has mets. I have skin mets and am on herceptin and xeloda ( 3 rounds)
Thanks
also would lymphodema cause this node to swell?

love
linda
Old 11-05-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi Linda, it is possible, my BC only mets to skin an lymp glands which is good because it stays away from the organs and bones. A fine needle biopsy is the only sure way to know, a simple procedure and easy to deal with. It is also possible that it is not malignant and a reaction to infection. You will drive yourself crazy if you don't know for sure. I usually have radiaiton to get rid of mine and it has been quite successful, a few stubborn ones have needed chemo. I am praying for you that it is nothing, but if it is we will help you deal with it.

Love & hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #3
Lolly

Dear Linda, Lyn is right; a biopsy is the only sure way to know, and a fine needle biopsy is pretty easy. I just had one for axilla mets. We did a PET earlier, but wanted to make sure it was still Her+, which is another good reason to opt for biopsy over scans. I know it's scary, but if it is mets better to know sooner rather than later...doesn't mean your current tx plan isn't working, you may just need to add something to the mix. Keep us posted, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
Unregistered

Dear Lyn and Lolly
Thanks for the advise. Lolly what chemo are you on now? I have an apointment next Tuesday - cannot get in before and wuill ask for a fine needle biopsy.
I will let you know how it goes.
love
linda
Old 11-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #5
Lolly

Linda, I'm on Navelbine again, but we'll be adding Xeloda next month probably. First time on Xeloda for me. I'm glad you're going to ask for the biopsy. I know the waiting game is hard, but try not to worry too much, and do let us know...<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
SandyBB

mine was nothing - hopefully yours too

I discovered a "bump" just like you described earlier this year. (9months after finishing all treatments for stage 2B). I expected my breast surgeon to poo-poo me, but he whipped out a needle and did a biopsy right then and there. It was totally benign. Just to be sure, he sent me for an ultrasound. I had to wait almost a week to have the ultrasound done and by that time there was no bump to feel or see on the u/s. My surgeon thinks it might just have been the breast tissue readjusting after radiation...
I hope yours is nothing, too. But I know how much it stinks waiting...
SandyBB is offline   Reply With Quote