HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Susie

Hi,
I think I got some good news today on my brain mets. I was diagnosed in 5/00 with bc and have been NED everywhere else but brain mets 3 single lesions 3 times. My last lesion was 10/04 5mm and we used stereotactic surgery. On August 1st the MRI showed a change so my oncologist strongly recommended getting another craniotomy rather than stereo but I insisted that I first meet with the stereotactic doctor. The doctor does not feel it is brain mets but just scar tissue from the prior proceedure. We are going to repeat a brain MRI in 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate any changes.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
jojo

I hate it when doctors can't tell whether a lesion is cancerous or necrosis (scar tissue, just dead). This puts us on pins & needles!

Susie, try to hang in there & keep yourself busy with happy distractions (hobbies, travels, shopping), until it's time for your next MRI. I went through the same thing last year.

Good luck! Please keep us posted when you receive your next MRI results. Take good care!
Old 08-13-2005, 07:12 AM   #3
Christine

Susie,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Brain mets treated with Gamma Knife take some time to resolve. I had scarring for over a year before they were no longer detectable.

The success rate for Gamma Knife is 90+ % so I would not be terribly concerned.

Hugs
Christine