HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
*_Vicki Z_*

Hi Everyone,

I went to the dentist yesterday for my cleaning and my teeth were a lot more discolored than usual (I normally have really white teeth) and I think it may be because I've been drinking more green tea to get the benefits of the the catechins and the tea. My dentist said that green tea stains more than black tea and coffee. Do any of you know if you can get the properties of green tea in capsule form? Thanks, Vicki Z
Old 06-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Bonnie

I don't know about whether the capsules are as good but my sister had the same problem with green tea staining her teeth. Her solution has been to drink the tea through a straw. That seems to have cut down on the staining.

Bonnie
Old 06-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Tom

Here is the link to the green tea supplements I have been giving my Mom for some months now. Independent research indicates that a good capsule delivered supplement that supplies a fair amount of EGCG (the beneficial catechin), is as effective as consuming the same quantity via fresh brewed tea. I see that she gets both every day. The supplier In use is LifeExtension.org

http://search.lef.org/src-cgi-bin/MsmGo.ex...green+mega+tea+
Old 06-16-2005, 01:53 PM   #4
*_anne_*

Hi Vicky,
I am a dentist. The green tea does stain and drinking through is an option. It may be from chemo also. I have a patient that had terrible staining from Taxol, Zeloda.
Anne
Old 06-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
*_Vicki Z_*

Thanks to each of you for your responses and creative suggestions. I will check out the website and consider a straw. I also called my local health food store (I live in Orange County, CA) and they do have green tea extracts in vitamin form, so I'll look for that acronym when I shop. Thanks again!! Vicki Z
Old 06-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #6
michele u

Vicki,
I get my green tea tablets from Walmart! They do have alot of the vitamins and herbs that i'm on there. I would not recommend the Noni Juice from Walmart though--it's nasty!
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Sandy H.

I take green tea caps. My teeth are stained and I had nice white teeth. I thought it was from the chemo. Never asked the dentist so don't know. I seldom drink green tea. hugs, Sandy