HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
Sandy H.

It has been 4 years today since I got the worst news of my life that I had IBC and there was no long term survival for me. This was the worse BC a person could have. What time I had was going to be a long road of chemo, radiation, and on and on with much suffering not only for me but for my family and friends!!!! I not only heard this once but 4 times from the surgeon that did the biopsy. It took me almost a year to get back up and move on with my life. I always thought I was a strong person but never in my whole life had I ever heard anything like that. That is way behind me and today I am happy, very busy, belong to 3 support groups, one of those I help organize , serve on the Executive board at church, do their monthly newsletter, support BC patients on the phone and have my hobbies of knitting, painting, as well as anything else that comes my way like travel. I have been off chemo for almost 5 months now and feel great. I pray that I can say this all next year again. Hugs, Sandy
Old 03-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
AnDS

So happy for you, Sandy!
I hope you stay healthy and happy and 'off chemo' for a long time.

Anna
p.s. I finally figured out my log in name and password. (Chemobrain!)
Old 03-15-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
lolam

Congratulations. We are doing a snoopy dance for you around my house, NED and me!! Many more years for you!!
Hugs, Lola
Old 03-15-2005, 02:16 PM   #4
*_anne_*

Congradulations. I am so happy to read your story. I think it's very important to post happy events and crossing over milestones for yourself to be proud of and other people to look up to. Thanks for your story. Anne
Old 03-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
StephN

Dear Sandy -
From the sound of your life these days, you have definitely given the cancer the old heave ho.
With so much else to focus on, life gets better, and we start to worry less about ourself. The cancer recedes in our own mind and we are able to get on with other projects and hobbies.
Did not know that you paint, too!

Happy anniversary!
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
triciak

What an inspiration you are! God bless! Tricia
Old 03-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
Audrey

Just wanted to add my congratulations on your 4-year anniversary since your diagnosis. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and proved your doctor wrong--I, too, am coming up on my 4-year anniversary from BC diagnosis (in July) and remember all the doom and gloom I heard from the onc. and surgeon--the prognostic indicators were all poor and nobody had anything encouraging to say...but I am still here and doing great--why do they have to be so negative I wonder? Anyway, it's great that you are reaching out to other IBC patients newly diagnosed and showing them what's possible! keep up all your good work and stay well!! Hugs, Audrey
Old 03-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #8
michele u

Congratulations Sandy!! We are all proving the statistics wrong here. Maybe it's the support we get from each other (and alot of praying)
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #9
madubois63

Sandy - Congratulations on this wonderful milestone!!! So glad you are continuing to prove em wrong!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:52 AM   #10
wlward

Dear Sandy
i love to read your emails they always make me feel so hopeful. Thankyou for your postings and continual support to us.
love
Lindaw
Old 03-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #11
eric

Sandy,

You're a remarkable person and your story certainly helped me and I'm sure others. Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Eric
Old 03-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #12
*_joy_*

Thank you for sharing this milestone, it is so encouraging. And we are all so happy for you!
Love, Joy
Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #13
Sandy H.

Michele I think you said it. The support and faith we all have. This board has been a great inspiration to me. Hugs, Sandy
Old 03-18-2005, 10:34 AM   #14
Beatle lover

Sandy,

You are a blessing and have blessed us in so many ways with your optimistic spirit. Here's to many more delightful anniversaries.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
al from canada

Sandy,
Without people like yourself to inspire us, this Board wouldn't be what it is! You ARE an inspiration and we need you to keep fighting as an example for the rest of us.
All the best,
Al
Old 03-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #16
Claudia

Sandy, you go girl keep proving them wrong! Claudia