HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
Sandy H.

At our support meeting the question came up does anyone have mammograms after reconstructions??? Most of the docs here are saying no but then one breast surgeon says,"yes". I offered to put this question on the board. I'm not reconstructed so it does not concern me but it does others. Our support group is going great, lots of energy and excited people. I posted a few weeks ago and as a follow up its a big success. We will be alternating evening and day for those that work. Then our hubbies will be starting a men's group soon. I have included the Her2 info for the people and so may see some new names on the board. I will probably be posting questions from time to time. Hugs, Sandy
Old 03-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #2

Hi Sandy,

My doc said no mamos/sonos/MRI's on TRAM flap reconstruction. I think that is the majority opinion right now. Who knows when or if that will change. When I had an area of concern he did a biopsy. Glad to hear you've got a lively support group. I love mine as well! Also nice to hear about a mens group.

Take care,
Susan
Old 03-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #3
Sheila

Sandy

I was advised not to for fear of implant rupture.....My BC support group is called Hooter Pals....we have a great time at our meetings.
Hugs

Sheila
Old 03-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #4

I have mammograms and ultra sound every year on my reconstructed side. They just kind of move around the implant and get more under arm then anything else for the mammogram. In fact I am having one tomorrow. Patty H