HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
SusanAnne

Hi everyone. I recently had a brain MRI. It was done more as a precaution than anything else. I had somewhat of a TIA, which my oncologist more or less thought of as due to chemo brain. But since my mom and grandparents all had strokes, I thought it best to see a neurologist. Anyway, the results were "generally normal" as the neurologist put it, but they found I have a 3mm benign looking cyst in my pituitary gland. Since I am not experiencing any symptoms relating to it, the recommendation is to repeat another MRI in 6 months. Does this sound reasonable to everyone? Anyone else have a pituitary cyst? I'd appreciate any and all feedback, thanks.

Susan

MRM 3/03
staged IIIa, 1 node +
ER-, PR+, HER2+ 2.8
AC, taxol/herceptin
radiation
TRAM 5/04
Old 01-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
carol

Hi - Have you had your prolactin levels checked?? Hyperprolactinemia (which may be a result of be a result of benign tumor in the pituitary) may possibly stimulate breast cancer(just a theory) and can easily be controlled. I have hyperprolactinemia and I take Dostinex to effectively control my prolactin levels with no side effects. My brain MRI indicated no tumor so they think it might either be possibly a tiny undetectable pituitary tumor or for unknown reasons. Regards, Carol
PS I am er-, pr-
&Her2+
Old 01-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
SusanAnne

Hi Carol,

Are the prolactin levels included when FSH levels are checked? If so, I'll have to pull out the results from when those tests were done (2x). Do you know off the top of your head what normal levels are? I have been having irregular periods. Was actually in menopause for 13 months, switched from tamoxifen to arimidex, got my period back two months later, had one more, skipped a month then got two periods in one month. Was actually planning to have my ovaries out next month.

Your input is much appreciated, thanks.

Susan
Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
carol

Hi Susan, I recently had a FSH test done and it did not include prolactin. I did a google search and found this:
Prolactin - Female AdultsÂ* ng/mL

Nonpregnant: 2.8-29.2Â*

Pregnant: 9.7-208.5Â*

Postmenopausal: 1.8-20.3Â*

They print the normal ranges with your prolactin blood test results. Every lab is slightly different. All the best, Carol