|
Hi Christine,
I am encouraged by the progress that is being made with treatment too.
My questions about the online guides are a criticism from the perspective of being someone who has had several years to figure out what I wished I would have known when I was diagnosed (which is hardly uncommon). The online guides are primarily there to help women who are newly diagnosed. I feel strongly that the online guides could be improved by including at least SOME analysis for the 1/3 of bc patients who are HER2neu-positive and newly diagnosed -- perhaps not limited to discussion of the use of Adriamycin -- but I would suggest that there simply needs to be more coherence in the online guides for those women who are HER2/neu+. Many of these women do not have mets so Herceptin is not part of their picture, but for those who do, it should be part of their orientation through online guides/treatment tools.
If I can have input to the contact with the annual meeting of oncology specialists, that is one area that I think needs improvement. I think this is a good forum for making suggestions.
Perhaps some others could check out the online guides and make suggestions.
A.A.
|