HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #1
Irene from Tampa

Hi Kelly -
I was first diag. with BC in 1996. Was in remission for 3 yrs. Recurred in one node under my arm (same side) and one tumor in my liver in 1999.I had a stem cell replacement at this time along with chemo. Was in remission another 3 yrs. Recurred in 2002 again one tumor in my liver. Tried Navelbine for 8 months, then on to Gemzar another 7 months then opted for Liver surgery since they could not find in any other spot other then the tumor in liver. Had Radio Frequency Abalation and got rid of that tumor (that was in Sept. of 2003) So far so good and am on Xeloda at present just in case. I am being fully scanned this month so we will see how every thing looks.
Please know that there are survivors out there even longer then my eight years so always have hope - and don't forget to enjoy every day. There is something new discovered everyday. We just have to have faith and be our own best advocates. Research, read and listen to others experiences. Although every case is different, we can gain some knowledge by picking up every bit of info we can from others. Keep your immune system as strong as you possibly can - I truly believe this is very important.

I wish you the best of luck and take care. If there is any thing I can help you with, pls let me know. I check the site frequently.

Irene
Old 01-17-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
denise

To Irene,
Your message sure gives me hope! I was dx Dec 2002 with bi-lat bc. Left-IDC-ER+,PR-Her2Neu3+;Right-tubular, ER+,PR-,Her2Neu-. At that time they found spot on liver, had 2 unsuccessful awake biopsies. Had bi-lat mast Feb 2003, 4 A/C, 4 Taxotere, 34 rads. Now liver spot that was 3cm, is now 9cm, plus I have several pea-sized tumors. RFA not an option-too many tumors. I will see onc. Jan 19 finally to get chemo. It is making me crazy that they drag their feet so much, while this tumor is growing! But I had liver laparoscopec biopsy on Jan 7 to positively confirm bc to liver. If you know of anyone else out there with my type of problem, please give them my email.
The best of health to you!
Denise