HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2004, 01:16 AM   #1
Naresh

My sister is having a tumor removed from her brain (near the occipital lobe)today. The surgery is expected to last about 10 hrs as the tumor is aprox 4.5 cm.

Please pray for her! Please also pray for her hubby who just lost his mother a couple of days back and had to postpone this surgery till today.

Thanks for all your support and well wishes.

Hugs and love
Old 02-05-2004, 02:40 AM   #2
Lolly

Naresh,
I am sending prayers and best wishes for your sister's speedy recovery. Please let us know how she does.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 02-05-2004, 04:47 AM   #3
Annamarie16

I am so sorry to hear your sister is going through such a surgery. I myself just had Gamma Knife for a brain tumor and know that anything with the brain is so very frightening. Praying that your sister will do well with her surgery and have a speedy and painless recovery.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:12 AM   #4
Naresh

Just giving an update. The operation was performed last friday. Most of the tumor was taken out except a small portion which was atteched to the brain stem alonside the optical lobe. My sister has progressed well..she is out of the ICU, however still looking into what needs to be done next to get rid of the small tumor. Her right peripheral vision is still affected.

Any ideas what people have done post surgery. Radiation....plus chemo etc. Please advise.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:19 AM   #5
Lolly

Naresh,
I'm so glad to hear your sister came through ok, and hope you keep us posted on her recovery and further treatment.
Have the doctors mentioned Steriotactic Radiosurgery for the remaining tumor? Christine and a few others on the site have had this procedure rather than whole brain radiation, it is apparently quite effective and the whole brain isn't radiated, just the tumor itself. The total rads delivered are thus diminished, leaving open the option for more brain rads in the future should that be necessary. Have you checked out the index on the home page; it gives a link to the page on brain mets, which gives links to sites with more info on SRS.
Hugs,
Lolly