HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #1
Sheila

Well I finally found out what is causing my shoulder pain...after scans and xrays, I have been told that I have a frozen shoulder...seems this is common in women between 40-60 (just another benefir of old age), and even more common in women who have had a mastectomy with axilary dissection of the nodes....so cortisone in the shoulder, Bextra, which is the latest and greatest in anti-inflammatories, and 6 weeks of 3x a week physical therapy. The Ortho also told me that if it was bone cancer in the area, it would show up in the head of the humerus first, as that is where the main blood supply is....you learn something new everyday.
Hugs
Sheila
Old 05-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #2
Lisa

I can empathize. After my 1999 mastectomy, I, too, had a frozen shoulder. (Age 41). Had MONTHS of therapy. Then a couple of years later, go figure, another frozen shoulder on the Non-surgical side. No idea why. Therapy didn't work enough, so had "surgery". Which means they put you to sleep and rotate your shoulder to break up whatever caused the problem. It will never be perfect, but causes me no problems. Given mets or frozen shoulder, freeze me, baby, freeze me!

Love and healing light,

Lisa