HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-22-2004, 06:30 AM   #1
sarah

Hi everyone,

Do you know if one treatment is better than the other? My mom's onc is recommending T/C with hercepting, 4 txms, every 3 weeks. She's stage 1, so this is just to make sure we got all the ugly cancer cells.

I know that A/C (the A part) shouldn't be used with herceptin, but I was wondering if T/C is the chemo that she should get with the herceptin.

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad I found this board so that our family can be more informed.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
ANONYMOUS

Sarah,
I was on the taxotere, I am assuming you are asking about Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin? Yes alot of people get that tx, they also get the A/C treatment. I liked knowing I was on Herceptin personally because of the HER2 gene. I would compare the side effects and talk to your Dr.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
Christine

Sarah
It seems your mom has a well informed Onc. HTC in stage 1 is one of the more agressive approach and I feel that it is worthwhile to try to prevent a possible relapse.
Warm hugs to you and Mom....
Old 07-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #4
lauren

According to my oncologist (see below), the "CURRENT GOLD STANDARD" for a her2neu positive aggressive breast cancer is AC followed by a Taxane, to which SOME patients are now adding Herceptin. Carbo is given on clinical trial (and off trial, but also off label), but less paitents have tried it than AC/TH. The more conservative aggressive approach seems to be AC/TH. But if H is not available unless it is given with carbo and taxol, then I say go for it!!! The point is: get that herceptin!!!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:50 PM   #5
sarah

Thanks everyone for you advice and warm support. We really appreciate it. I'm going fly down for her first chemo session, the nurse told me it'll take 4 hours.

I believe the onc is planning to give her, taxotere & cyclophosphamide (cytoxan?) with herceptin.

Old 07-23-2004, 04:54 AM   #6
Linda in Calif.

Hi Sarah: I was just wondering if your Mom's Onc. had planned on any Radiation Treatments? From what I have read, Herceptin is supposed to have a positive synergistic effect when combined with radiation. So if she recieves herceptin you might want to ask that she get it not only with the Taxol (or whatever drug is decided on) but continue it through any radiation treatments. Take Care, Linda