HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-17-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
janelle

Annmarie,
Believe me, we've all been there in one form or the other. We are our harshest critic, but need to be our own best advocate also. I think what I was trying to say is that enough people kick us in the butt each and every day that we don't need to do that to ourselves. We can look at our entire lives and wish we had done things differently. Only YOU can forgive YOU, you didn't do anything wrong... please hear this. You were filled with such emotion at a time when you had to make critical decisions... no wonder we mess it up sometimes. I opted for a lumpectomy/chemo/rads, when the surgeon recommended a mast, maybe I wouldn't be stage IV now if I had followed his recommendation. Don't know, but I visited that decision and figured that I couldn't go back and change it, so I didn't need to waste any more energy trying to fix something that I no longer had control over.

We are so quick to forgive others, yet beat ourselves up all the time. Please be kinder to yourself and know that we can't change the past only try to do a better job in the future.

Please feel free to email me if you wish,
Hugs,
Janelle