HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #1
celina

My sister, as many of you know, has extensive liver, bone and brain mets. At her doctor's appointment this week he asked, in very sympathetic voice, "Carole, how are you managing with the stairs? Are you having any trouble going up or down stairs". Of cource she let out a loud laugh and said, "I think I'm doing o.K. I walk 5km every day". He then stood up and shook her hand and said, "Carole, you never seize to amaze me!"
We all know that the amazing thing is not that she can walk 5km every day. It's that she has never let the disease take the life out of her...she will, however, do her best to take the life out of the disease. I'm proud of her...and all of you, for that matter!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:02 AM   #2
lauren

that is soooo awesome!! whatever anyone can do to laugh in the face of cancer is a awesome!!! so even if she couldn't walk 5k, there would be something else that would be in essence, flipping the bird at cancer....go carole!!!! go celina!!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
al from Canada

Dear Celina,
Please tell your sister that there are people in Canada who idealize her!
Never give up,
Al
Old 10-06-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
Lolly

Your sis is a guiding light for all of us, and anyone who is lucky enough to meet her. The hope and love of life she exhibits is truly a force to be reckoned with!

Love, Lolly