HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
sarah

Dear susan,
Sorry to hear you're joining this group but it's a great group full of great advice and support until like your lousy husband.
Definitely do the chemo, radiation and Herceptin. During chemo, you'll be tired and I'm amazed Becky could drive during it, I couldn't. Sometimes doctors think every week is easier on the body to take the chemo, some think every 3 weeks, talk that over with your doc. hope you've got a good oncologist and a sympathetic one. during chemo and radiation don't take vitamins or supplements - someone else on the site can tell you the few that are helpful and that you can take but mostly you don't want anything to fight the chemo.
You won't be a burden to your sister.
yours has been caught early so you'l be fine, just do everything they say.
be strong and stay positive,
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
tousled1

Susan,

I know the news you received is not what you wanted to hear but you have come to the right place. On this site you will get great support and acquire a wealth of information regarding various treatments. Most of the women on this site are HER2+ and can answer any of the questions you have. AS for the husband - different people react in different ways. Be thankful that you have a sister that you can count on.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
nitewind

Thank you all, so much. Becky, it's nice to know that I can talk with someone who went thru the same process. I've read so many horror stories, that's why I'm hesitating about agreeing to anything. I keep hearing about being so sick and having "chemo brain" and herceptin brain". Good grief!! This sure isn't something to look forward to. My sister is afraid that if my white blood count goes down that I will be really receptive to infections, she's always picking up a bug and she's afraid that she will make me sick. I can understand, I would probably feel the same way. Again, thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. How do you feel about the port?
nitewind is offline   Reply With Quote