HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
RhondaH

Smile Steph, I DO...

hope things start looking up for you. I will be praying for you. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
Barbara H.

Hi Steph,
I thought of you all day on Tuesday. I agree, it is not easy to get a port in and out. I had my taken out after my first treatment, and then, off course had to get a new one in 2004. I can't remember anything about that surgery. I do remember the first one because I refused any meds, and refusued to be put out. They just did a local. I got off the table when they were done and was able to leave. That was during the days when I was fearful of being being put out.

It seems like when it rains, it pours. Sorry about that plumbing situation! Of most importance, I hope that you heal quickly and that this port works for you. My new port is much smaller. However, it has twisted and is harder to access.

Best wishes for a quick recovery and keep us updated.

Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
AlaskaAngel

Unhappy

I'm hoping the plumbers give you a break, Steph! Jeez...

Having to go through having the port replaced is hard enough. I feel pretty sure that if you could have "been" there to raise a little cain that port would not be where it is -- you are very particular and vocal about your care and it certainly has made a difference.

You are a very good influence here and I'm sorry to hear you are having to handle all of this now.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
Becky

Dear Steph

I hope things look better for you. Sometimes we all forget that everyday annoyances (and not so everyday ones like the plumbing but certainly not a cancer annoyance) are a pain in the butt. I sometimes feel that I'm not supposed to get pissed about normal daily blog because I am doing well (medically). Never can complain about anything else, even stupid stuff.

And the port replacement and it not being where you want it to be is agravating to say the least, especially since it will be there for years and its not where you want it. Its not like they'll get it right next month.

All I can say is have the hub bring home a nice 2001 Cab from Napa for tonight.

Thinking of you

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote