HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
hope

Aromitase Inhibitors while on Chemo and ER/PR negative

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my previous update post. I got a lot of valuable information to ask my onc. this Thurs. Still feeling so-so but trying to make the best of every day.

I did want to ask if anyone is on or was on a aromitase inhibitor like Aromasin while on chemo and being ER/PR negative? My onc. wants to put me on Aromasin and still keep taking Xeloda (2,000mg) and weekly herceptin and I am skeptical on taking this inhibitor while on chemo and being ER/PR negative. I did pose this question to my onc. already but said that they were adding this as a "last resort" until I can get on the EAP Tykerb program. Hope
Old 07-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
Bev

Sorry Hope, I don't know. It seems odd when you're ER-. I just posted so your post stays up for awhile. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:19 AM   #3
Becky

Hope

There was a small study (I think only 12 women with metastatic bc - all were Her2+ but were initially ER/PR neg) that showed that 30% of these women changed to ER+. Moral of the story - retest pathology of mets if you can as the hormone receptor can change (especially in the presence of Herceptin).

We do know that the Her2 receptor can also change going from neg to positive as well. Cancer is a clever creature - Darwinism at its finest.

So, your onco may be just taking a chance that there has been a change. Its worth a shot.

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote