HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
carlsoj

Site is now up

Obviously a website by the drug company, but certainly something to discuss with your doctor.
carlsoj
carlsoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
Cathya

Marily;

Gina has metatastic disease and runs the test immediately prior to getting each of her herceptin treatments.....that is within hours before her treatment. She tracks the numbers and should she start to see them rising over a couple of treatments she gets a booster dose.....like you have in the very beginning of herceptin. Her view is that her disease at this point is starting to develop and form a tumor somewhere and she wants to knock it out before it takes root and it becomes more difficult to attack.....that is to say you would need chemo theraphy. She is hormone negative so it is a somewhat more straightforward situation (as we hormone positives could be having a tumor develop with no increase of the her2 in our blood but rather having the tumor fed by hormones) but that is why another test should be run at the same time....i.e. the CA15-3 or others. So far she has been able to control her disease very well using only herceptin for, I believe, around 6 years. You could do a search of Gina's posts and read them.

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Marily

new testing

Thank you so much for the information. I have been trying to find a way to use the testing to my benefit and convince my Dr also. Six years is GREAT... that is where I am also. I am heading right now to read the other site. I am so very glad I found this site, everyone is helpful and so very nice here.
Hugs Marily
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote