HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
sandywc

My friend with brain metastisis

I posted last month regarding my friend who recently had a large brain tumor removed. She has HER2 and the Herceptin was doing well for her otherwise. She came out of the surgery like a champion. She had 8 hours of surgery on Monday and they released her on Thursday. Maybe that's normal, but it seemed pretty quick. She hit the ground running and did very well, but I could tell she wasn't feeling very well this last week or so and she complained of headaches. She was vomiting continuously early in the week, and is now back in the hospital with what the doctor is referring to as "post surgical meningitis." I know this is very serious, and I am wondering if anyone has any other information concerning this? I talked to her on the phone and she sounds very ill. Apparently this could be very difficult to treat. Thanks for any comments,

Sandy in California
sandywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
Cathya

Sandy;

As you can see may of us have read your post but from the lack of replys it sounds like your friends condition is not common following her surgery. I thought I would offer you my prayers for her, you and her family and also bring your post back upwards so others might have a chance to visit your question. Do keep us informed as we are concerned and hoping for the best for your courageous friend.

Best regards,

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
sandywc

Cathy -

Thanks for your kind response. Indeed, what my friend had was post surgical meningitis, and it probably doesn't happen often. She's had unusual "luck" in this regard. She was on an antibiotic drip for 3 weeks and then had radiation to her brain. She's doing as well as can be expected, and your prayers are very much appreciated.

Sandy
sandywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
RhondaH

Sandy...

Here is a search of prior posts regarding menigitis. Hope it helps.

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sea...searchid=20813

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote