HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #22
Demack

When I was first diagnosed in 1999 I went out before I started chemo and had my hair cut short and bought a wig. Within 2 wks. of starting chemo. I started to loose my hair. When it started coming out in large amounts my husband shaved my head for me. I wore my wig a couple of times but decided it was more comfortable to just wear scarves and hats. My sisters had fun finding me interesting hats. I recovered and my hair was thicker than before. In 2004 I moved out of state and got rid of my wig after holding on to it for 5 years. I was diagnosed with a met to the Liver in Sept. 2005. Had 3 rounds of Abraxine, Carboplatin (every 3 wks.) and Herceptin (weekly), Surgery and then 3 more rounds of same with Herceptin every week. This time I just wore the scarves and hats. They are much more comfortable. I wore a scarf or knit cap at night because my head was cold. It would sometimes give me a headache. I am on weekly Herceptin now and my hair is about 1/2 inch long now. I just wear a baseball cap or scarf when I go out to protect my scalp. I am receiving Herceptin weekly at present.
Debbie
Demack is offline   Reply With Quote