HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-28-2006, 06:25 AM   #1
Sandy H

Lymphedema question

I know this is not a lymphedema board but the one I have been on now I have to have a password and can not figure out how to get one. I will have to work on it. My question for those dealing with lymhedema and are wearing jobst off the shelf sleeves. Have you found they have changed in size like got longer and so do not fit like the old ones? I have worn these for 4 years and have several all the same size but lay them out and I have different lengths and portioned differently. Because of this I may have to go into a custom sleeve. Is anyone using another brand off the shelf? I am in lymphedema treatment and my therapist wanted me to ask you. See word is getting around how good this board really is. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
Becky

Sandy

I just got a new sleave and it is much longer than the old one (and therefore, not as tight around the wrist). But when I fly or do gardening, I also wear a hand glove (so that helps the wrist part as it is "doubled" there).

I do not have to wear my sleaves all the time as I do not get full blown lymphedema. I pointer finger and middle finger can (at times) swell so I wear it during repetitive motion and flying.

Yes, you are right about them being longer. I thought I got the wrong one but I've used it too much to return it at this point.

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
Sandy H

Thanks Becky, Mine is too large at the wrist and too tight at the top. Figure that one out. I wear mine all the time except when I go to church and at night. My therapist told me one never knows when the arm can swell up. She told me I can go to bed at night and it is find and then get up in the morning and it can be huge. The sleeve is to keep it from swelling. I do have a custom glove that I wear only for flying. We are all different and what works for each of us is different. I do what my therapist tell me. hugs, Sandy
Old 05-28-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
Sue2001

Hi Sandy,

I recently got a new Jobst glove and sleeve. The glove was longer than usual in the wrist area but the sleeve was the same as always. I know that they do come in short, regular and long, plus small, medium, large and XL. Maybe you were given the wrong size? I hope you can return it with no charge.

Like you, I have to wear them all the time. It's tough at this time of year when it's warm outside.

I have tried the custom sleeve/gloves and eventually went back to the Jobst off the shelf ones. I like the feel of the material better and they aren't as hot. Plus they cost much less.

Good luck, Sue
Sue2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
Sandy H

I have tried the custom and I like the material of the jobst. I asked them about the length and they told me they were the short one. I have gotten the wrong compression on a few of them so I can not take their word for them. The box says one thing but the sleeve says another. I will have to see about this again. I have a new one still in the box. They order them for me as they do not have them in stock so it is hard to compare them. I have taken in an old one and showed them but they don't seem to understand. Thanks hugs, Sandy