HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
Shawn

Recurrance for Stage III

Ladies,

I am very touched by your response, Friday I had to be driven home from work because I was feeling so bad. It was my first full 40 hour week and I feel humilated. What really scared me was the feeling of total exhaustion, like I would fall down and couldnt walk straight. Your totally right about never being sick before. My aunt is an onc, and she has been very involved in my treatment plan. In December my health coverage will come to and end due to divorce. I will have finished my treatments by then. Probably another reason I am so worried. I will try to do the new post thing since everyone is in aggreement.

As for my Onc, she said there should be no side effects from the herceptin now. I have been off toxic chemo's for 2 months and radiation for a month. I thought I would feel better now and back to normal, but I dont.

Shawn

T2 pN3b MX (Stage IIIC) Her-2/neu 3+ ER/PR-
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #2
saleboat

Hi Shawn,

I just wanted to write and say that I finished chemo in September, and rads in January. It took a while before I felt better, which thankfully, I do now. The rads really wiped me out, and despite being young, fit and healthy, it took me a while to bounce back fully. Not sure I'm quite there, but sure lots better than even two weeks ago. A month after rads I was still quite tired.

I added some light exercise to my routine, and try to watch what I eat-- 'eat for energy' and despite the fact that it is BORING BORING BORING, both to be so self-policing, and to discuss with others-- but it works!

Good luck with everything-- you sound like you have so much on your plate, but I'm glad to hear that you have an aunt that is an Onc. I'm sure she has been quite an asset.

Jen

PS-- I also had Stage IIIC bc-- and I just read of a woman on another board who was ER/PR- with 18+ nodes and is over three years since dx and doing GREAT-- she had Herceptin with her chemo and it gives me hope...
saleboat is offline   Reply With Quote