HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
sassy

private message

Kim,

Just saw your post after first reply to PM. Have sent you PM, please feel free to
PM or e-mail me if you have questions.
Sassy
________
PROBLEMS FROM PRILOSEC

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:42 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #2
Becky

Dear Steph

My husband says the same as you, especially when he drops by to say hi to me during my infusions and the doctor ignores him too. My mom just mentioned to me that she thinks she should switch as it really doesn't matter much to her. She had a textbook "early" detection by mammogram bc case (5mm tumor, 98% ER, 90% PR, Her2 negative, node negative). Had lumpectomy and radiation. Tamoxifen first but switched to Arimidex. She says she considers her internist (who watches her like a hawk) and our radiologist as her real doctors anyway. She only saw this oncologist every 6 months from the very beginning as she has such a "simple" case (if there is one).

At least you have said what only my husband and I have ever discussed, the unprofessional aspect of the situation. At first, during the first hallway encounter, I could understand him being miffed but get over it already. At least it was not just him and me as I know others who have switched from him (but I know others who adore him as well).

Thanks for responding.

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
StephN

Talking Was a little blunt, but ...

... sometimes we have to "call a spade a spade."

Becky, I just can't help but think if the docs act in an unprofessional manner, can they REALLY take our cases seriously, especially those of us with more difficult diagnoses. Would never want to have to ask myself that question, if my disease took a bad turn. I want a doc who is like a good car mechanic, or insurance man - one I can turn to and trust with my problem.

Surely there are some well-regarded med oncs that you can establish a true professional relationship with in your area.

Glad your hubby is caring enough to come see you at the clinic. He is an exception.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
Becky

Steph

I did change oncs in August (to a partner of the first onc) and the new onc is fabulous but I have to put up with the first oncs behavior.

What we (my husband and I) decided to do is either change again after Herceptin (but the new guy is definitely someone who is a great doctor) or 2) my first pissy onc is off on Thursdays so I will make all my appts on Thursdays and after Herceptin is over, I will never have to see him.

Switching is one of the best things I have ever done. I only wish my first onc could get over his embarassment or whatever it is. I also have to get over it too and not let it bother me so much. Thanks for everything.

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote