HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Joni

Smile

Thank you Cheryl,
Yes, UMC is where I went for my original care in 1997. Ins has changed so unable to get coverage there, but my current doc use to be there and he does confir with my orig doc when I ask and/or on his own and will volunteer that he has talked with her. Also, I have been a patient of the team of Dr. Andrew Weil/Dr. Victoria Maizes from the UofA Integrative Med since 1998. There I do pay out of pocket. I will see who they recommend for a referral. Thank you for this info Cheryl. Where do you live?

My best to you,
joni
IP: 66.27.145.68
Joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
Cheryl E

I live in orange county, ca. Have always been a so cal girl. Went to UofA for graduate work and then returned to CA.
Cheryl E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Joni

Hi Cheryl, I too am a so CA girl. Born in Laguna and raised in Costa Mesa ~ CMHS grad of 1964. Small world. Where did you go to school in CA?
My Best,
joni
Old 01-31-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
Unregistered, again

what I meant by "front to back"

Often MRIs are done of the Cspine looking especially at the vertebral bodies (bones) and discs. When done on cancer patients they are be done with attention (highest resolution to be sure not to miss areas of interest) from the front of the neck--thyroid and lymph nodes, through the middle of the neck-- trachea and esophagus, with areas through which the recurrent laryngeal nerve passes, as well as the "back" vertebral bodies, discs, spinal cord and ligament.

Other things can make one "hoarse" including reflux into the esophagus, the famous "GERD', nodules on the vocal cord, etc. So having the ENT exam is the right way to go--not everything in a cancer patient is cancer (or cancer-related due to problems resulting from treatment). An ENT should be the best person to sort things out.

I hope Strategic planning speeds things up!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
Joni

Thank you Guest,
I am going to see the neurosurgeon tomorrow morning and I hope to get a good interpretation of the MRI that my onc requested from the neu. I am printing out your responses and will share the knowledge you have offered to better understand what is happening to me.
My Best to you,
joni
Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 PM   #6
Cheryl E

Joni,
Looks like you graduated the year after I was born! I grew up in Ventura , went to UCSB, then UA and have lived in city of Orange since graduating UA in 1987. Will be rooting for the Wildcats vs. UCLA this weekend.
Cheryl E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #7
Joni

Cheryl,
Ata Girl...U of A
joni