HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Angry Australia is a Joke, ER closed in my home town

Have you guys heard anything about the Large Hosipital in Caboolture Queensland Australia where I am, having to close the doors to the E.R. because they can't get any doctors. It is official as from tomorrow, 16th when contracts run out, the lights will be on and they will have a Triage Nurse and if lucky a junior doctor to handle all emergencies within the 60 mile radius because thats how far apart our hospitals are. Our population is over 150,000 in this shire and I have had many a trip to the ER to end up being admitted, and there has to be something really wrong with me before I go there. The other great remedy they came up with is that if the Ambos are over worked patients will need to catch a taxi or the local police officer to get help. This is coming from a country that sends billions of dollars out of the country for aid, sends their troops out for years at a time but cannot find any doctors will and able to do the job. The other really dumb thing is that truck drivers here have to keep a log book so they have their rest breaks so as not to endanger anyone on the road, yet they allow doctors to work for hours and hours without a break while holding many lives in their hands. I think we are back in 1906 and not 2006. We guys spread the word and with a bit of luck we may be able to embarass our country into looking after its own first. There is no reslove in site for at least 6 months. If it wasn't so serious a problem it would be hilarious. Hope to hear about it on CNN.

Love & Hugs Lyn.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
Lisa

Lyn,

If your haven't, contact CNN. Seriously.

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

You wouldn't believe this, the ER shut at 4.00pm monday and at 4.40pm a car leaving the Hospital car park clipped another car and one lady was killed, 1 air lifted to IC at large hospital 50mins away and other taken by ambulance 40 minutes away, and this happend within 300m of the ER doors. We have been told we can expect to get maybe 3 docs from another hospital on Friday, I haven't been well otherwise I would have been shouting about this. Aparently other large hospitals are going to be in the same position. They won'[t pay our docs enough, they won't allow too many kids into uni to study medicine and with our Dr Death delema they are now screening overseas docs longer. I am still shaking my head in disbelief and hope I don't need to go to hospital.
Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 AM   #4
Cindi

How absolutely ABSURD!!!!!!!!! I will pray that you will need NO visits to ER until this is over. Incredible!

Cindi.
Cindi is offline   Reply With Quote