HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #21
Barbara2

You're in my prayers as well. Could this be from medication? Or something else...... We pray it is.

Barbara
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #22
Unregistered

You have quite a fan club. Add me too it! Let us know as soon as you find out! I will pray for you also. Kim
Old 01-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #23
StephN

Hope - no news yet

Dear Hope -
You have not posted any results, so I am assuming you don't have them yet. Most likely if there was anything urgent they would have let you know right away.
I will be optimistic that things are OK.

Having had my followup MRI on Tuesday, you were also on my mind with all the positive thoughts I could muster for all of us having the test this week.

Will be checking for some (good) news.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #24
hope

Red face Update

Thanks for all your prayers! My MRI showed no new tumor growth but the radiated tumor still show necrosis and increased edema. My radiation onc. wants me to increase my decadron to 2mg/day to 4mg/day for two weeks so that I can be eligible for a study that uses a decadron like drug called Xeracept without all the side effects that decadron causes. This will be a stage III blind study so I have a 50/50 cahnce of getting the Xeracept.

I still need the prayers again so I can get the study drug. If I don't get the study drug then eventually after 12 weeks I will get it. My radiated tumor is located deep in my brain on the occipital lobe. It is too risky for surgery to remove necrosis so Decadron/Xeracept is my only hope. Is anyone on this Xeracept study? Hope
Old 01-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #25
Lolly

Hope, I'm so glad to hear no new growth! This is the first I've heard about the new drug, will keep my ears open for news of it. Hope you get in the study, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:32 AM   #26
Sherry in WV

Good luck and May God be with you. Will be praying and thinking of you.

Peace,
Sherry
Sherry in WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:10 AM   #27
lu ann

Dear Hope, I will pray for you. Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:09 AM   #28
Unregistered

Happy Day, HOPE.

HOPE,

Praise God, one more prayer answered (the way we WANTED it to be answered). I will definitely pray for you to receive this new drug.

Way to Go! Sounds as though your docs have things moving in the right direction.

God Bless,
Cindi
Old 01-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #29
pattyz

Hope,
Yes, a few months ago, I saw and saved this study to my desktop "just in case". And I know I posted the info to someone somewhere...........

I'm just sorry about the strict/narrow requirements; the necessity of the higher dosage of decadron for one...

This is such a potentially huge breakthrough and will call for HUGE PRAYERS that you will be included in the group receiving it!! Maybe a repost as new topic, hon?

Second on wish list would be that if this drug is found to be a decent replacement for decadron in our situation, that it becomes AVAILABLE in short order.

Hoping, praying, sending good thoughts and a very big hug,
pattyz xoxox