HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #13
AlaskaAngel
Senior Member
 
AlaskaAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,018
Choices

Steph,

Al's point (that so many trials exclude those with prior Herceptin history) is a major reason why I have trouble with deciding to start Herceptin now, given that I am currently NED. I don't know if the researchers or the companies behind the clinical trials understand how awkward or difficult or cumbersome the clinical trial idea can be for potential participants. Although I have participated in 2 clinical trials thus far and have been a strong advocate for everyone to do what they can to be "part of the solution" to all of the questions about cancer, if the researchers and companies don't see the problem for those of us who are most likely to be interested then I have to question how successful they will be in finding participants as time goes by.

I am probably at less risk than others since I am HER2+++, ER+ and PR+, but even at some risk due to delay I would rather use my situation very carefully to try to add to the knowledge base by documenting the result in some way rather than go off-label. I just hope the researchers and companies see who is out here and make more of an effort to match up with us.

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter