HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Angela

Cool Spread to Skin?

Has any one ever had breast cancer that returned in the skin? If so, did it itch and what did it look like?

Thanks,
Angela
Old 12-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
Unregistered

Dear Angela- I have red blotches all over my hands and a few on my arms. I am taking xeloda and herceptin. They appeared after I stayed out in the sun too long without suncreen while on the xeloda. My onc and dermatologist both think that they are precancers that the xeloda brought out and is treating. Apparently, because there is an ingredient in xeloda FU5 or something that in cream form also treats skin cancer. Sometimes they are itchy, but they usually don't bother me. God Bless- Cathy
Old 12-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
Lolly

Angela, when I had my first recurrence from Stage IIIB, it recurred on the same side, to my supraclivacular nodes and nodes in my neck, and also in the skin over my collarbone very close to the involved supraclavicular node. It looked like a small weepy rash, about the size of a pencil eraser. It was slightly itchy and sometimes stung. When my surgeon biopsied the nodes he also took off the skin patch and sent it along to pathology, and it proved to be the same cancer as the original, Her2+++ and ER/PR. He told me it had spread through the lymphatic system of the skin and broken out in that place, but that it was not inflammatory bc. It's never come back there and I've never had it break out in any other skin tissue.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:20 AM   #4
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi, my first skin mets came out just above my mastectomy scar, it just started out as a small rash then gradually got bigger, I tried all of the lotions and potions I could get my hands on to shift it but it would not budge, I had it biopsied and it was skin mets, it was treated with Xeloda and went away quickly My next outbreak came down the side of my necx from my ear and while I was on Xeloda so changed to Navelbine and it went away.My recent patch came on my remaining breast and had radiation with Xeloda but it did not shift it so now I am on Hercetin/Xeloda/Cyclosphomide and not sure how it is because also used a cream Xeloda based and my breast went red but a few patches were rough and peeled off leaving my breast smooth but still all redish so have to wait for a biopsy to see where I am at. First and second skin mets weren't itchy but this time round they were. Only a biopsy will make sure.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
Cindi

My skin mets first appeared on my chest (where the mastectomy had been). They were red and blotchy. Sometimes they itched, but not much. If I would rub them, they would sometimes diminish, but would slowly "come back to life". This signifies to me that the cancer is in the dermal layer of my skin. Sometimes they can become blotchy and a bit raised, but not always. The areas are not round and perfect, they are always in an erratic pattern for me.

But, this is just me...everyone presents differently. The only way to be sure, if the area doesn't go a way after a couple of weeks is to see your Onc. and have it biopsied.

God Bless,

Cindi
Cindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
Unregistered

I was diagnosed with skin mets, coming from the mastectomy scar, and have had several reoccurences with them. Everyone can present with difference looking mets and each treatment is different. You have to find what works for you. Only a biopsy will determine if it is skin mets from IBC. I had red spots the size of as pencil eraser that itched and burned sometimes felt like bacon fat on the skin!! I am in and out of chemo and use Miltex solution from Germany not approved here in the U.S. so need to get it under the Compassionate Care program. This is treated as a chronic condition and is not life threatening when first presented but does need to be treated. Good luck and do see your oncologist ASAP. Hugs, Sandy
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
marion

Red area on chest

Hi Angela,
I also have a red patch on my chest-right at the end of the scar from the mastectomy and in the same area as the original tumour. It has been there for a couple of months-I kept thinking it would disappear but no luck. It has gotten bigger. Sometimes it is bright red other time a pale pink. The patch is smooth-not itchy, and kind of rectangular. I went to get it checked yesterday by my GP. He is referring me back to the cancer clinic to get it assesed, so now I wait for a call. The possiblility of a recurrence is scary-really scary. But reading the replies to your post gives me more confidence-if indeed it is a recurrence, it sounds quite treatable.
I had a modified radical mastectomy Dec 06: Invasive lobular Stage 11; ER+ HER+++ I had chemo and herceptin-finished Jan 07, and now take Arimidex daily.
marion is offline   Reply With Quote