HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2005, 08:51 AM   #2
Becky
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I am not sure but I would think not. I am having my ovaries removed next Monday (8/29). However, I am 50% ER and 5% PR. I also just got my menses back and have several cysts on the left ovary. Although my genetic testing came back negative for BRCA 1 & 2, my paternal grandmother and her sister died of ovarian cancer (my mother's side including my mom, 3 of her 5 sisters, my maternal grandmother and maternal great grandmother all have bc - for the record - only my great grandmother and one of my mom's sisters died of the disease - everyone else is going strong. My Aunt who died was a "triple negative" pathology (ie: not ER, not PR , not HER2). Because of having ovarian cancer in the family as well, my gyno wants to remove them and feels the cysts may become troublesome in the future. Also, if your bc is hormone dependent, it is always a better prognosis if you can get yourself in menopause by ovary removal or Lupron/Zoladex.

This decision requires discussion with your gyno and other risk factors like family history
  Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter