HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2005, 03:12 AM   #1
Shannon

Good Afternoon Ladies...

I am looking for some guidance... I have a new ache. My history, diagnosed at 33 last April 2004. I was stage 3b. Had first surgery, then second one to remove rest of cancer and all the nodes in the left arm pit. Had agressive treatment, trying to get the heart about a 50 on the MUGA to get the herceptin..

I have had tenderness (to touch) in the left arm, at times near the elbow, back of the hand, side of the palm.. that feels like a deep bruise, although I dont remember hitting the area, or see a bruise on the arm. Sometimes the one on the back of the hand, feels as if the nurse was digging around for the vein for a long time... when I havent had a poke on that side for well over a year.

Any thoughts???

Thank you in advance,

Shannon
Old 06-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #2
Lyn

Hi Shannon, did you have any radiation? I have had that much, a truck load actually but I always knew that I Would get nerve damage and this time as a result of rads to the neck my shoulder and arm is going through the same thing. Apparently when we have the original surgery nerves are damaged and never repair but take a while to bring out symptoms. As to treatment if it is from radiation or surgery you can be given nerve blocking medication. Hope this helps.

Love & Hugs Lyn