HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
mslinda

Hello Ladies:

I just want to say that I admire each and every one of you for where you have been, and where you are now. You are very special ladies, and men if there are any reading this.

I was diagnosed 12/28/04 with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, ER/PR-, Her2+++, 0 nodes, stage 1, with a 7 mm tumor. Tomorrow I will take my 5th treatment of CAF (FAC), I have lost just about every hair on my body, not a pretty sight. I am so thankful that my tumor was as small as it was when it was detected on a mamogram. I had a lumpectomy 1/5/05 with clear margins. I have one of the best husbands in the world. He is so supportive of me, and has been with me every step of the way. I thank God every day for him.

I have learned so much from this web site. My doctors probably don't like it too much as I ask a lot of questions. But they don't really discourage me from searching for my own answers. When I put Her2Neu in my search engine, this was one of the sites that came up. that was in February, and I immediately joined and have logged in almost every day, except when I am feeling so bad from the chemo.

Anyway, I pray for all of you each day. I don't call you by name, but I do mention this site, and all that belong to it. I am trying to keep my faith and positive attitude, so that hopefully I won't have a reoccurance of this dreaded disease.

If I have misspelled words, please forgive me. I depend too much on spell-check, and I also blame it on chemo brain.

Best wishes to each and every one of you.

MsLinda
Old 06-02-2005, 03:09 AM   #2
Lindaw

Dear MsLinda
Welcome to the list. You will find it so helpful and supportive.Thanks for introducing yourself and please feel free to ask any questions.
I was diagnosed in October 2002 and have logged on just about each day since then. Some days I have not felt physically or emotionally able to do so but still feel supported.
This is is great source of information and enbles you to advocate for your own treatment.
love
lindaw
Old 06-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #3
Melody

Hi Linda,

When all my hair became a memory, my granddaughter said I looked like 'Yoda' in Star Wars! I didn't realize how big my ears where until I didn't have the hair to cover them up. And at least I didn't have to worry about shaving my legs. always hated doing that. And when it came to asking questions, I figured I paid my doctors well enough to ask all the questions my little heart desired. Remember. It's your body. It's your life. Your special too. In that your husband is being so supportive, shows that he believes that too.
Hang in there and God Bless,
Melody
Old 06-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
triciak

Dear Mslinda, I too am fairly new to the list, and feel as you do about it. It has been a godsend to me.BC is not a death sentence any more--we can lick it! There are new treatments every year. I think a really positive attitude and a good diet, especially watching the pH balance, can make a big difference. I've also used positive visualization. I was 1st diagnosed in 1985, had a double mastectomy, then it came back to my spine in 1990, licked it again with prayer, visualization and tamoxifen---no other chemo--It was "healed" (the MRI report actually used that word!) Nothing more till I had a heart attack 14 years later, now a year ago last June. A CT scan found mets to my lungs then, now listed as Her2+. I was on navelbine, femara and herceptin for 6 months, now just herceptin and femara since. It will be a year this June 30. The nodules have not grown at all in all that time. I have another CT scan Monday and am hoping it even shows them shrunk more! Hang in there, keep on top of it through this website! I like your idea of praying for everyone on the site and am going to do that too. We are all in this together! Hugs, Tricia
Old 06-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
joy

thank you for your prayers and you are now added to mine.
Love, Joy