HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
al from canada

Hello everyone,
Linda is hormone + and HER2+ and has been taken off navelbine due to nerve damage. Anyone on both herceptine and arimidex? Are there any contra-indications to this regime?
Thank you,
Al
Old 01-14-2005, 04:55 AM   #2
Kathy

Hi Al,
I took Arimidex and Herceptin for 2 years with good results until my tumor markers started upwards and then switched to Faslodex. I am again stable.
Kathy
Old 01-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
Jennifer

Hello Al,

My sister has done great with Arimidex and Herceptin for almost a year. She started it after Herc., Taxotere and Xeloda. Good luck.

Jennifer
Old 01-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
SusanAnne

Hi Al,

Everything that I've read indicates that HER2 + cancers respond better to aromatase inhibitors than to tamoxifen. I requested the change (after I tested menopausal) and oncologist was more than happy to oblige. I wish her luck.

Susan
Old 01-15-2005, 03:21 AM   #5
Esther

Al, I was just wondering...did you decide against trying the vaccine trial at this time?
Old 01-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #6
al from canada

Esther,
Thanks for asking. As I just wrote to Lolly, we are in the application process. Linda gets her HLA test next week.
Al
Old 01-15-2005, 09:11 AM   #7
al from canada

Spoke to the onc yesterday about the Arimidex, he said it wouldn't hurt although although it has had limited success with liver mets. Any comments about this? Linda started arimidex today.
Al
Old 01-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
*_Annemarie_*

I am on Femara (with Lupron) and I get Hercetin every three weeks. I went with Femara because they seemed to have the most studies at the time.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:19 PM   #9
*_Christine_*

Al I don't think Arimedex is the kind of chemo you need to work with Herceptin. Arimidex is a hormone inhibitor and has a good respose according to studies at SABCS, with less side effects . Cn't say if this is what you are looking for based on lack of information. Try posting by citing resent condition and maybe we can help further.
Hugs to Linda Christine