HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Ron

Nikki,

HER2 is not a death sentence; you have some very good things going for you. First, you are young and will be able to fight this monster. Second, you have a good chance to receive the Herceptin, insist on it if you can! Third, you have already been through the worst part, having finished the chemo. Fourth, you are a survivor and you found the best spot on the net to find out about all the treatments for HER2. I am certainly not an expert but there are a bunch of ladies that are, and a lot of them gather for strength right here. Before long you too will have a lot of people praying for you and your family and in general just caring about you and your situation.

The Herceptin is not an abrasive drug for most people but it does have some side effects, most of which are increased by chemo drugs. My wife, Cyndi is not able to take it with either Taxol or Taxotere because of pleural effusions, but this is the exception, not the rule. The Tamoxifen, Zolodex, and Herceptin should keep you in great shape for a long time. I don’t know, but I do not think any of those would prevent your reconstruction. Some of the ladies can tell you for sure.

I pray that the God who knew you from the beginning of time will cradle you in his loving arms and give you peace, comfort, and joy for all the days of your long life. Always remember this.... You will get more out of cancer than it will get out of you. Believe that, it has certainly proven to be true for Cyndi and I, and our four daughters.

God Bless You,
ron