HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2004, 01:57 AM   #1
Lisa

Linda,
It does sound strange for bone mets to appear in legs only. My bone mets are "diffused" throughout my body. But I've had no real pain from them (the pain I thought I had turned out to be a herniated disk!).

Although I know this won't help much, try your best not to worry too much. If they ARE mets, you'll deal with them. If they AREN'T, you'll celebrate! Either way, you're going to be fine.
I'd love to have you join us tonight in the Chat Room (9 p.m. EST).

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-04-2004, 02:20 AM   #2
Lolly

Linda,
I agree with Lisa, it's strange. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.
Hugs
Lolly
Old 02-04-2004, 04:49 AM   #3
Steph N.

Hi -
Hope they decide otherwise tomorrow about the mets. I had "an increased uptake" in my knees and a few places in my legs. With further study decided these shadowy places were something else. My only mets were to my liver and BIG TIME.
Last total body bone scan was in Sept '03 (had the "rib pain" complaint so many of you are talking about!) and these places were no longer evident. Maybe because I am on Zometa to strenghten my bones and take more calcium in my diet.
Anyway, hope you will have a good result like I did!
Old 02-04-2004, 05:32 AM   #4
lindaw

What a shock - I appear to have bone mets. Just returned from my onc and the scan showed mets in my lower legs. My dr thinks this is strange and I will have xrays tomorrow.

Help me please.

love
Linda
Old 02-04-2004, 04:42 PM   #5
Anonymous

sth forgot to ask what chemo you were on?

love Linda
Old 02-04-2004, 04:42 PM   #6
Lindaw

Dear Steph

Thanks for the reply - it is exactly what my bone scan said - now the xrays are clear but the onc wants me to have an mri just to be sure.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:44 PM   #7
Anonymous

Dear Lisa
Thaks for the reply - I too think it is strange - how did ypou know they were bone mets. I have had the xray and they showed nothing but onc wants an mri.

What chemo worked for you and what is the outcome?

love
linda
Old 02-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
lindaw

Thanks Lolly
I must have got them cause the xray's were fine but the pnc wants an mri to be sure.
So back to doubt - but ever so slightly.
love
linda
Old 02-24-2004, 02:23 PM   #9
jojo

I don't have bone mets, but I'm wondering how you came to discover yours? That is, if you're willing to share your stories with us. Thanks.

Hugs
Old 02-24-2004, 11:07 PM   #10
Mary - Tierrasanta in San Diego

No symptoms. Did not show at all on bone scan. MRI was questionable but PET scan showed various mets. Latest PET scans show no remaining bone mets.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #11
Jackie

Original dx Nov, 2000, upfront A/C, followed by mastectomy (7cm lobular tumor), then taxol and radiation in 2001. Beginning early fall of 2002, I experienced what I thought was muscle pain in my rib cage area and around the back of the shoulder, kind of in the "wing" area. I had a bad cough at the time and attributed the pain to muscle pulls from the cough (which had happened to me before), but hindsite now tells me it went on far too long. Probably didn't want to face the fact of recurrence! The pain responded to ibuprofen but by Dec 2002 my onc felt it was time for scans, which showed mets to ribs/spine. I began treatment w/ Faslodex and Zomeda, and the bone pain went away immediately. This was more likely as a result of Zomeda, since the Faslodex proved to be ineffectual as did 2 other hormonal type meds taken during spring 2003. Have been on herceptin/navelbine (& Zomeda) since July 2003 with good results and dropping CA 27/29 counts til Jan 04, and have just switched from navelbine to gemzar. Too soon to tell what will happen with it. I also developed skin mets while on the last hormonal drug last spring, and it became active again last month, thus causing the switch of chemo drugs. Hope this provides some info for you. I print out many of the postings that have good info and keep in a file....but hope I won't have to experience it myself!
Take care!