HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-20-2004, 09:36 PM   #1
Sandy H.

My liver enzymes are slightly elevated the doc says could be just the lab, or if they continue to go up then maybe, chemo damage to the liver or mets. Will be repeated next week. I am feeling find. Would like to hear from you regarding light elevations and your experience. I know its different for each one. Hugs, Sandy
Old 08-21-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
michele u

Sandy,
I had some elevations.They even tested me for hepatitis because they were up. It ended up they went down to normal after finishing an antibiotic i was taking. Liver enzymes can go up for alot of reasons, medications, viruses, and chemo like your dr said. Mine were elevated twice then went to normal. If they keep going up then you might want a scan done.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:01 AM   #3
Barbara

Sandy:

My liver enzymes all went up (ALT as high as 121), AST and Alkaline Phosphatase (went over 200) while on chemo. The oncologist did not know if it was liver damage, liver mets, chemo, nuelasta or the antibiotics that I was on for low white counts and temperatures that were causing the elevation. Even my CA 27-29 went up to 54. All my scans he ordered were normal. After finishing chemo all my liver enzymes and the CA 27-29 went back to normal.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:01 AM   #4
Barbara

Sandy:

My liver enzymes all went up (ALT as high as 121), AST and Alkaline Phosphatase (went over 200) while on chemo. The oncologist did not know if it was liver damage, liver mets, chemo, nuelasta or the antibiotics that I was on for low white counts and temperatures that were causing the elevation. Even my CA 27-29 went up to 54. All my scans he ordered were normal. After finishing chemo all my liver enzymes and the CA 27-29 went back to normal.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:38 AM   #5
Christine

Hi all Just thought I 'd let you know my liver ever test were abnormal from aduvant chem CMF back in 1990, and also had liver pain that worried me. I asked to stop at 51/2 months and 2 weeks early. I recover very well and never had liver mets, maybe that helped. I'd like to think that anyway. Hugs, Christine
Old 08-21-2004, 10:27 AM   #6
Sandy H.

Thank you all so much for responses. Sounds like it does happen and we may never know why. My doctor will scan if they continue to go up so he is on top of it. I am feeling find with no pain so will just wait and see. It helps to hear from you all. Hugs, Sandy
Old 08-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #7
Gabrielle

My Onc said liver enzymes can act up for a variety of reasons. I've had a couple of false alarms.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #8
Gabrielle

My Onc said liver enzymes can act up for a variety of reasons. I've had a couple of false alarms.