HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2004, 11:32 PM   #1
Kathy

When I saw the onc yesterday - he tapped on my spine and asked me if it hurts. Is this normal? For the ladies who have bone mets... does the area involved hurt if you tap on it? I would really appreciate some idea of how it feels should it actually happen. Thanks a bunch.
Kathy
Old 09-16-2004, 12:43 AM   #2
JoJo

I don't have bone mets, but my onc & NP always tap on my spine every time I go in for an appt. That is a good question, Kathy!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:31 AM   #3
Kathy

I think sometimes they tap on my spine just so I think they are doing something..Haha
Yes, I think they are looking for areas of pain which could be bone mets. I have extensive bone mets in my spine and originally I did have pain. Now after radiation to my entire spine, they tap away and I have no pain. For whatever its worth, thats my story.Kathy
Old 09-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #4
Isabelle

Oncologists have been thumping my back and spine ever since my initial diagnosis five years ago. I was told that if I had a bone met, this would hurt so much I would jump off the table, presumably from the pain. Well, I have had bone mets for two years in many places in my spine and back. I still don't jump off the table. Either they don't tap hard enough or my mets are very small. The mets do ache from leaning back on hard chairs, etc. I don't think the tapping is that perfect a test.