HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-17-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
Kristen

As some of you know that read the board, I am having some sternum pain and tingling and numbness in my arm. My ct scan and bone scan came back clean. What a relief. On the bone scan they say they do the whole body, even the brain. Does a bone scan pick up what an MRI would for brain mets? No symptoms, just curious if need to get one some time in the future.

I haven't seen much on he board with inquiries to radiation effects. What I was told from the lab report is that the masses they found during the ct scan were (scar tissure) what they would expect from radiation exposure. What I would like other to know and maybe they do and that's why it isn't talked much about here is that in 3 months post rads it starts to peak, your skin tightens up and it is painful, I need pt. I have cords under my arms and it radiates all thru my masectomy side. They told me this is the time to have pt. because the skin will start to soften and if you massage and do exercises your skin won't be plastered to your chest wall. This is important because if you are planning your reconstruction, the looser the skin the better and more comfortable u will be after surgery, you won't feel it stretching as bad.

I want to thank you all when I was having my scare, PAIN, and thank God it all came back fantastic. Just thought I would put it out here if others are feeling the same way. take care k
Old 09-17-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
Sandy H.

Kristen, in answer to the bone scan and the head. I was told it will show only the bone structure of the head and not the brain. The MRI shows into the brain. I hope this helps. Great news on your scans!! Hugs, Sandy