HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
6Cats

Re: Should I take anti-oxidants prior to, during, and post treatment?

Thank you all for researching and posting all these studies. I too was a supplement taker prior to chemo. My MO nixes all supplements except for calcium and Vitamin D (she allows me to continue fiber and acidophilus). She also said if I couldn't stand being supplement-free, I could take plain-old, everyday, Centrum Silver (not the female version).

This is a huge challenge for me, but I'm following orders. Someone once said that when a woman is pregnant she is often anemic, but how often does she crave liver? I am trying to listen seriously to my food cravings, and hopefully get what I need through normal foods.

3/14/13 - Mammo & Dx Biopsy, Rt Breast
3/15/13 - Path results -- Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, ER-/PR-, HER2++
3/29/13 - Lumpectomy & sentinal lymph node bx with balloon placement for MammoSite radiation
4/10/13 - Hemorrhage from MammoSite location, but completed last radiation treatment
4/12/13 - Final Path, Stage 1c, Lymph node negative, Grade 2 with focal DCIS, 2 tumors, 1.8cm & 6mm
4/12/13 - Treatment Plan determined DD AC w/D2 Newlasta -> TH -> H - Yipes 62 weeks total!
4/23/13 - PortaCath Placement
4/25/13 - Began AC w/ D2 Neulasta
6Cats is offline   Reply With Quote